Programa Golden Visa
What is the Golden Visa Residency Program?
This programs enables people that invest at least 500.000 euros in one or various real estate properties in Spain to obtain their spanish residency permit.
What are the governing regulations?
The 14/2013 law of 27th of September 2013, also known as the Spanish Golden Visa governs this program.
What are the main requirements?
The applicant must show:
- that s/he has invested at least 500.000 euros in one or various properties in Spain in the last 90 days
- that s/he has the financial ressources to live in Spain without needing to work
- that s/he does not have any criminal record
- that s/he does not present a danger to the health of the general public
- that s/he has medical insurance in Spain.
Can I include my children?
You can include you spouse and any child (under the age of 18).
Is there a minimum period of time I have to spend in Spain?
There is no requirement to reside in Spain for at least 183 days a year.
Can I use bank loans to finance the purchase of real estate under this program?
The first 500.000 euros that you invest have to be unencumbered.
Any amount you invest above that threshold can be bank-financed.